January 24, 2012

28 weeks

I guess I'm officially in my 3rd trimester now! I have to say the past 3-4 weeks have been pretty pleasant with the exception of one 3-day span when I'm pretty sure I passed a kidney stone or two (the drs. said all the tests came back clear but if I had already passed it, it wouldn't have shown up in tests). I'm curious to see how much weight I gain in these next 12ish weeks since this is when you're supposed to gain the most. So far I've only gained 8lbs. and still have pretty much all my mobility (I even shaved my legs and painted my toe nails yesterday!). I wonder how much has to do with just genetics/being my first/etc. and how much has to do with working out with my personal trainer twice a week.

We're almost half-way done with our Bradley class now. I'm really enjoying the wealth of information we get (even if we're being selective in what we really set our hearts on as far as our birth plan) and I think it's going to be really helpful for Matt to feel like he knows what's going on and what he can actively do for me during labor. I'm sure he would be MORE than willing to help regardless but without this class might feel like he doesn't know what the heck he's doing. I really appreciate him giving up a whole evening every week to attend this class...12 3 hour classes is a big commitment and not every husband would be willing to participate or think it's even necessary.

And last but not least in the update, we finally started painting Noah's room! On Saturday my family came over and my dad and Caleb helped Matt tape and paint the majority of the room while my mom and Rachel helped me go through all my craft/sewing/scrapbook supplies and reorganize them in the office. I threw away multiple boxes full of "memories" and photos...and I think I need to admit I am a bit of a hoarder. But it was a blast to remember a lot of things because of those ticket stubs and receipts and photos that I probably wouldn't have if I didn't have them. After about 4-5 hours of cleaning/organizing, my house looked like multiple rooms had exploded...yet somehow this meant that I had LESS stuff and was more organized than before. But now that I know what I am keeping and where it's final destination will be I can find boxes and containers to put them in and put them all away.

Pictures will be coming soon of the finished paint job. I'm working on touch-ups this week so it will hopefully be done by Friday.

No comments: