January 31, 2012

29 weeks!

Noah's room is officially painted! I need to take some good pictures with my actual camera (which also reminds me that we NEED to buy a new one soon that doesn't kill any battery in 5 minutes). My cell phone can only do so much. And...I also want to clean the few large spots of paint off the carpet before taking pictures (oops...). It will for sure be done by Sunday since I need to move all the stuff back into the room from our living room before we have people over for the Super Bowl on Sunday.

I also have officially moved all my craft/sewing/scrap booking supplies into the office and just have a few things on my shopping list to get before I can put it all away. Those things being 2 new bookcases as well as a few storage jars/boxes from Ikea. Hopefully I'll get to that next week.

Today I actually caught up on the dishes (seriously, the last time there were NO dirty dishes around the house/in my sink/on my counter was probably 2-3 months ago). Now hopefully my goal of one load of dishes per day will keep it relatively under control. The plan/dream is to get a dishwasher before/soon after the baby but it will require some cabinet demo-ing so we'll see if we get there. I also randomly started cleaning out some cabinets in the kitchen yesterday...freed up a few cabinets which will hopefully make losing a few if/when we get the dishwasher not so much of a bummer, plus I have kept some open for when we need to add baby/toddler dishes.

I think I'm in full nesting mode...and it feels so good to be crossing projects OFF my list and seeing my house get so organized rather than adding to the list and constantly being frustrated when I see a messy cabinet or drawer. Now the question is if I can finish organizing before this little guy arrives or if I'll end up with a bunch of half-finished organizations projects!

No comments: