August 31, 2013

16 1/2 months...

I guess I subconsciously decided to do away with monthly updates when he turned 1.  Oh well, I feel like development has slowed and gained speed but then I realized I think that's because now he's just steadily progressing rather than hitting huge milestones (sitting up, rolling over, crawling, walking, first tooth, etc.).

Here are a few highlights from the past few months:

-He now has lots of teeth, can't say the number because he doesn't let me count.
-While I have officially declared "juice" as his first word, he still doesn't talk much at all. He says "mama" and "dada" usually referring to us (I believe) but also will then go off "mamamamamama" or "dadadadada" when talking about basically everything else.  He consistently says "da da" when we point out a semi-truck in his book or on my phone but then again, that's his "word" for almost everything.  I think he says "fish" too (for goldfish) and he seems to like to say the "s" sound but he's still inconsistent really.
-I feel like he definitely more independence lately which I'm really enjoying.  I've been able to be so productive throughout the day because he's playing independently with his toys (his favorites being all his little cars! like father, like son).  It's amazing that I can feel like I've accomplished enough for the day and then be free to sit and read or just play with him without feeling torn because there's piles and piles of laundry or a sink full of dishes.
-I'm noticing his imagination working more too, he makes sound effects for his cars and airplane which is so fun to see.  He also loves mimicking his Uncle Caleb whenever he has anything that resembles a sword.  He yells and charges people and swings it around. He's also very into growling lately.
-Noah got his first hair cut beginning of August.  Auntie Rachel took pictures and video (and I don't have them yet) and Grandma and I tag teamed the cutting.  He looks so grown up now!
-Finally, the most recent development is he is sleeping longer periods at night without nursing.  The other night he went for 6 hours (such blissful sleep for me!).  It isn't always that long, so far it's to be repeated, but he's nursing for shorter spurts when he does nurse at night now.  I'll take it!

Noah, Cousin Chase and Cousin Charity

A visit to the pet store

Noah and Cousin Cherry in the shirts Auntie Rachel brought them from Germany

No comments: