June 17, 2008

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

That's how I felt today.

Seems like I keep dropping the ball on alot things with work lately.

First it was with Rent-a-Kid, the fundraising program for our jr. high and high school students to raise money for summer camp. I'll just leave that one at that since rehashing it brings up feelings from BYIM.

Then it was the Senior Salute, with my usually organized mind pooping out on me on what time we had set it for so that different bulletins, flyers, and e-mails said different times. That caused me to have to make an executive, last minute decision to make it 6:00 which potentially caused some issues with the most important people involved...the seniors and their families. Thankfully it all came together and I'm happy to say that it was a great night!

Then YMO Summer Camp is struggling for students. I keep thinking we have great leads and they're not coming through. Now we have students that had registered dropping out!!! At this rate, it'll have to be God alone that brings us the people we need to make this thing happen. I just feel bad because I don't want to let Christele down while she's out of the country. I'm doing my best, but it's not good enough for myself. I'm constantly trying to think of what I haven't tried that's going to be THE thing that brings in the students we need.

And finally today, again, Rent-a-Kid fell through the cracks because of my mind being on all these other things! I don't know how many things can be my "top priority" (work wise) at the same time and still all get taken care of.

Zoro wants me to buy a Palm Pilot on the student ministry's budget, which could be helpful if I could get calendar and to-do list reminders on the go, plus check my e-mail. But do I want one more gadget? I'm on my computer 24/7 as it is. Part of me wants to say "I'm just unavailable before 9 am and after 6 pm for work related matters" but because I'm in ministry, I can't. Basically I'm available 24/7, that's right, Saturdays & Sundays as well, to take care of whatever needs to be done.

I love what I do...really. I just don't love having to do it ALL at the same time! So today, because I had a "day off" (I've probably done 2 hours work of work sporadically throughout the day with phone calls and e-mails that are urgent) I sat down and visualized (in a spreadsheet, one of my favorite things) a daily/weekly schedule and task list. Hopefully I can make keeping that accurate a priority so I'm reminded of the other priorities I have to take care of without feeling like either work or home is being neglected. And I even have 2-3 hours of free time scheduled in each day so I have a bumper.

*sigh* I just needed to vent. Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Man, I'm sorry you've got so much going on. I hope things calm down for you soon. You know what? I would probably have a lot going on if I wasn't being so lazy and ignoring it. So... I should be more proactive like you.

And your boss' name is Zoro?! That's awesome! I want a boss named Zoro :-p.