June 2, 2008

Past two weekends

The past two weekends have been really different, but both were really fun.
Weekend before last was Roscoe's House of Chicken & Waffles on Friday with the high school group. We took 39 kids!! It was a great turn-out and I was really happy we had enough drivers. It was neat to see alot of kids bring friends and a few even brought parents! That's the kind of event we want! I can't say much for the actual chicken & waffles though; they were GREAT separate, but not so great together.
Saturday we had to be at Biola by 8:30 for Carri's graduation!!!! The Javier's have pictures of us there, but I don't have them. If I get them, I'll add them to the post. It insane to think that she graduated from high school 4 years ago already! There were a few other people I knew that graduated that day as well but none that I knew so well. Carri, we're so proud of you!!! After her party back at her house we went to my grandparents to visit with my cousins who were here in CA from Colorado. My aunt had her 6th baby in January and we were out there a week after she was born but that's the last time we've seen her. She's such a smiley baby! Again, I have pictures but not on my camera so I'll have to add those later.
Sunday was Danielle and Lily's magic birthday party. THAT I have pictures of :)




Lily, Caleb, and Aaron




Danielle, Makayla, & Big Lily

This weekend we had NOTHING on the calendar for Friday or Saturday so we banned TV and computer for Saturday, slept in, then had a date day. We went to Color Me Mine and then Crepes & Grapes for dinner.

Matt getting paints and brushes

Working on our piece

Writing our names "in the sand"

The (almost) finished product! We pick it up Thursday.

1 comment:

Derek said...

awww... what a cute, newlywed thing to do! way to go on banning the computer and tv though... maybe amy and I ought to consider that...