September 30, 2011

Guess it's time for an update...

Not much has happened or changed since the last time I posted. Life has been "boring", but that means I've been able to just relax and rest and take advantage of my month completely off work. Next week I'm going to go back into the office for one day a week to work on weddings that I have coming up and other projects I was in the midst of.

As far as morning sickness goes, my ability to do much hasn't changed but it has switched from nausea/stomach ache to really killer headaches. The last 3 days have been the best in that area that I've had in about 2 weeks and I was able to go grocery shopping, catch up on some bills & paperwork stuff, make a real dinner last night and even FINALLY broke in the bread machine! And we finally got our insurance cards so I made my first dr. appointment for next Tuesday (10/4). I guess the next OB appointment opening they have isn't until 10/12 and since I'd be past my first trimester and they have first trimester blood work they want to do they went ahead and scheduled a regular check-up. So I don't really know what to expect. It was kind of nice not going to the dr. because I know now I'm going to be presented with all the options of what genetic tests and vaccines and blah blah blah...I guess this is just the start of a lot of decisions I/we will have to make for our child(ren).

I did weigh myself again, though the circumstances (time of day and what scale I used) were different. About a month ago I weighed myself at my parent's and I weighed 139 (made sense as I was about 136 last time I weighed in at the gym before I started my personal training) but yesterday when I weighed myself I was only 129. I don't know if it's the difference circumstances or the fact that I haven't been very active the past month and I've maybe lost some of the muscle I was building up while working out. So we'll see how that all goes...I'm hoping to be able to resume working out and my personal training for the remainder of the pregnancy once I'm done with my first trimester (Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday!!!!!)

No comments: