September 14, 2011

Ups and downs!

Saturday-Monday were really good days! I dared to think it was the end of the morning sickness! But yesterday and today have been no fun! Not as bad as Wednesday-Friday of last week but probably close to that bad.

A lot of change has happened in the past week, had 2 meetings with my respective bosses and as of last Friday I officially am not working for at LEAST 3 months. My official duties with WPCC are done as of last Tuesday though I still hope to be involved with the ministry in the future as a volunteer to help with planning events. I knew I would probably leave after the banquet in November but my sickness came at a time when it was crucial for me to be able to perform my duties in a timely fashion and I wasn't able to. All involved thought it best to hand over the responsibilities to someone else who is more reliable. I'm sad that I'm not capable of doing it but it's a relief as I was worried I would let them down by not being able to fulfill my responsibilities. Then on Friday I met with Zoro and he asked that I take at least 3 months off from all my responsibilities at church (knowing I probably would have a hard time making that decision myself!). I will be training some of the other leaders on some of the little admin stuff I had been taking care of and also training Justin's new intern on some of the admin stuff I did as well. There's not THAT much that I can train them on as most of my responsibilities were random tasks I was asked to do. I still want to be involved with my 3 small group girls through their graduation from high school (they're starting their junior year) but we'll see if that's in the capacity of their official small group leader or just as a friend/mentor. I will revisit being a regular youth group leader again in December.

It's been an interesting first week with absolutely no responsibilities. It's a little frustrating because I don't feel well enough to do all the things around the house I want to do now that I have the time but I know that will come. I'm planning on spending a lot of time in crafting for the Light of Christmas boutique in November and after that work on getting the house ready for baby!

God has given me such a peace about "losing" such important things in my life all in one week. I was surprised at how willing I was to let go of these things (and both decisions being not exactly my own). I was worried before thinking about how I would make the decisions/react to stop working but I think God has been preparing my heart for it and it's been a smoother transition that I expected. Now if I just felt well I wouldn't feel so bored and lazy!

No comments: