April 24, 2012

Life as we know it...2 weeks, 3 days old

I kept meaning to post the labor/birth story before posting updates on Noah but it took me forever to jot it all down (and that's just rambling to make sure I can remember the order of events/emotions).  I still need to edit and trim it down a bit so I guess I will just post it when I finish. In the meantime, I'll continue updating on our life and the little man as it happens.  Here's Noah dressed and ready for church at 1 week old:



Noah turned 2 weeks old on Saturday.  It's that weird feeling of "has it really been 2 whole weeks?" and "has it only been 2 weeks?"  Just looking at him I don't think he's changed much, but then I look at one of his newborn pictures and can't believe the change!  He's really starting to fill out (YAY for chubby babies!!!!).  Yesterday alone I swear he put on a pound since he basically didn't sleep and nursed from 5am-5pm straight (can anyone say "mooo"?  I felt like a cow at times).  But then he slept really well last night so it made up for it.

Matt went back to work yesterday, which I think is definitely harder on him than it is on me.  It doesn't change my routine much since it's not like he was able to give me much of a break from nursing or anything.  Noah does tend to sleep a bit longer in someone's arms than the bouncer or rocker but it's not that drastic of a difference.  Matt, on the other hand, misses being able to see him.  I don't know what I'd do if I had to leave him for 10+ hours!  I find that while I sooooo appreciate people holding him and giving me a break to shower or nap or do housework, after about an hour or so I start to miss him, and that's with him right here with me, just in someone else's arms!!

Asleep in his bouncer 

*in Veggie Tales voice* I need to tell you somethin', I DO got a belly button (his stump fell off yesterday, 4/23)

2 comments:

Tia Lulu said...

I hope that's clean laundry in that basket! Hah! Too cute for words! Give him a big, smoochy kiss from me.

ybugs said...

Noah is truly a handsome baby. I hope to get to meet him someday soon. Blessings to you new parents from a Grandpa now four times over.