October 24, 2007

AHHHHHH!!!!

Last night I came home from my parent's house and walked into my bedroo, flipped the light switch and went to close the blinds when I saw the hugest bug I've ever seen in my life (not caged at the zoo or something). Seriously, my heart hit the ceiling and came back down as I immediatly spun and walked quickly out of the room. It was about 1 1/2 inches long and had antenna's about the same length and it was FAT. So I stood at the bedroom/hall doorway watching it and called Matt...twice...he wasn't answering!! MICHAEL!!!! I called Michael and he answered and turns out Matt was there, his phone just wasn't ringing. As I was calling the bug crawled away from the window sill and behind the curtains into the dark (I had left the light on). After 5 minutes of Matt and Michael laughing at my panic and my insisting that unless one of them came and killed it I would pack up and sleep at their house, Matt came over. Turns out it was a cockroach (the biggest I've ever seen) and probably came in under the bathroom counter (where the termites have been coming in). Matt killed it (he said it was fast...think if I had tried to do it myself!!) and I was a tiny bit paranoid even this morning, but I think it was the only one. I went down to the office and told them that the gap underneath my bathroom counter needs to be closed up because termites and cockroaches are coming in, so hopefully that'll be taken care of soon. I was planning on taking a picture of it but in my relief that Matt got there to kill it I forgot to before he flushed it.

I can't wait till I'm married and don't have to wait the agonizing 15 mintues for Matt to come kill a bug for me :)

1 comment:

DawnaMS said...

Just pray you never move to East Texas ;)