September 10, 2007

I MOVED!!!!

That's right! I'm all moved in to my own apartment! It's been weird and I haven't even slept there alone yet! I'll post pictures of the moving once I figure out how to get them off my phone (I could kick myself for forgetting Matt's camera most of the day).

Anyways, Saturday Matt and I signed the lease after a scare of not being able to find his wallet that had his driver's license. But after that disasters was averted, we had people arrive around 1:00 to help unload the cars we had loaded the day before. Tony, Michael & Mandy put together the bed and HK and Matt picked up the big items with Richard's trailer. Then my family came over and helped unpack boxes a little and we ate and watched Brother Bear when Lily and Danielle came over.

Jess spent the night the first night and we learned a few little quirks to the place.

1. If the water's not on high enough the result is a really weird noise that increases in volume until you turn the water on higher. It happens in the bathroom sink but mainly in the shower...which....
2. The water pressure in the shower is AWFUL!!! It took Jess like...15 min. to rinse conditioner out of her hair. I'm going to get a new shower head and see if that works. But that doesn't fix...
3. The knobs for the temperature in the shower are really sensitive. One tiny twise and it's scalding or freezing. Thankfully, because so little water hits you it's not too dangerous.
4. The water in the kitchen sink always comes out warm during the later afternoon evening because of the pipes warming up, no matter which knob you turn on you have to let it run for a while.
5. There's no lock on the bedroom door :)
6. The deadbolt on the front door sticks.
7. The door from the living room to the hallway doesn't close.
8. A drawer in the kitchen is broken (that will be fixed).
9. While the living room stays dark in the morning, sunlight streams into the bedroom as soon as the sun comes up.

I think that's all for now but we'll see.

Matt and Michael spent the night last night so we'll see how I handle being alone tonight. The bed and mattress and our memory foam pillows are incredible so hopefully I'll sleep well. I was freezing last night because the AC and fan were on for the boys.

I sent an e-mail with my new contact info so if you want/need it and don't get that e-mail, let me know!

No comments: