September 17, 2007

YAY FOR KARLYANNE!!

Just wanna say congrats to Karly for being 100% DONE with Paul Mitchell! Seriously people, she's an awesome hair stylist so call me if you want a relatively inexpensive, quality hair cut. And yay for her because I just love her so much and miss her and was SUPER happy to get to catch up with her on the phone today :)

Apartment life is going really well. I only have about 5 more boxes to go before I'm done unpacking. Now I just have to get the boys over to put up my curtains in the bedroom and figure out how to make a slip cover for the UGLY couch I have.

God's really been impressing a sense of having to take responsibility for myself, especially with this whole moving out thing. Not just responsibility with material things like money and making sure I wake up on time and keeping the apartment straight without being told, but things like really taking my walk seriously as an adult. My quiet times have been virtually non-existant in the past few months and I WANT to get back into the habit so badly but when it comes down to it, I'm so unmotivated. Just opening up the Bible and picking a random passage to read doesn't leave me hungering for more, and that's what I want...I want to want more. I just struggle with having some sort of consistency in my Bible study...I'd like to be able to dive deeper into what I'm already being taught at church but when it's already deep at church, it's hard to figure out how to go deeper on my own except practical application, and that's where the whole self-responsibility comes in. I tend to forget about the "improvement" ideas throughout my day, even though it's not like I forget about God except when at church or before bed when I think to do my devotions. I find myself constantly running things by Him, venting to Him, just talking to Him throughout my day, yet things that I study in the Word rarely seem to stick. And I don't really know how to solve that problem. Yes, pray about it and ask God for the help but it won't work if I just sit here and ask Him to do all the work for me.

Anyways, that's just a rant of my frustrations. I need to get back to work now.

No comments: